Rectangular Tube Truss
Each vertical member should have two holes 180 degrees apart at each end, in line with the horizontal members. Vertical members' hole placement should be as shown in A and B. Preferably, the size of the holes should be equal, and the two holes' combined area should be at least 30% of the cross-sectional area at either end of the verticals.
Horizontal End Plates
- Completely open is the most desirable.
- If H + W > 24 (61 cm), the area of the hole, plus clips, should equal 25% of the tube area (Area = H x W).
- If H + W is > 16 and < 24 (41-61 cm), the area of the hole, plus clips, should equal 30% of the tube area.
- If H + W is > 8 and < 16 (20-41cm), the area of the hole, plus clips, should equal 40% of the tube area.
- If H + W is < 8 (20 cm), the tube should be left open.