The American Galvanizers Association (AGA), headquartered in Centennial, Colo., is a not-for-profit trade association dedicated to serving the needs of specifiers, architects, engineers, contractors, fabricators, and after-fabrication hot-dip galvanizers throughout North America. Since 1933, the AGA has provided information on the most innovative applications and state-of-the-art technological developments in hot-dip galvanizing for corrosion control. The AGA maintains a large technical library, provides multimedia seminars, and offers a technical support line to assist specifiers.
The AGA also provides a number of services to galvanizers and zinc producers in the industry, including serving as a process technology research and information resource, liaison to environmental and safety regulatory authorities, and an active member of committees within specification, corrosion, and government transportation and infrastructure agencies. The association celebrates more than 80 years of preserving the past, enhancing the present, and protecting the future.
AGAs Mission Statement
The American Galvanizers Association (AGA) mission is to use the most contemporary digital, communication technologies to provide educational resources to current and prospective specificers of galvanized steel products, to be the unified and professional representative of our members in North American Markets, refresh and re-invent the image of the industry to attract new generations of industry personnel and specifiers, and promote fellowship and networking for the purpose of enhancing the technological advancement of galvanizing processes.
The following objectives outline the associations means to fulfilling the above mission:
- To inform and educate North American current and emerging specifiers and end-users in order to maintain and expand the markets for the galvanizing industry.
- To develop a regional approach for the education of college and university professors and students.
- Promote hot-dip galvanized steel as the credible choice for quality construction and the most sustainable built environment.
- To ensure the long-term viability of the galvanizing industry by educating member galvanizers in the technical aspects of the galvanizing process, environmental engineering, and sustainability.
- Increase value to members through programs, services, education and analytics that effectively meet, anticipate, and exceed their needs.
- To gather and communicate information on the activities of the industry and those affecting the industry, so as to coordinate an effective and timely industry response.
- To be recognized as the authority for the industry, representing the industry on application, specification, processing, environmental, and regulatory issues.
- To attract new members from the worldwide galvanizing industry.