It has become increasingly important both nationwide and globally to examine how we can work to meet the needs of our present without compromising our responsibility to maintain a prosperous future. By embracing the tenets of sustainable development ensuring projects are socially, economically and environmentally advantageous we are paying due tribute to these responsibilities.
Utilizing hot-dip galvanized steel framing systems to support new parking structures provides many social benefits. Attractive and versatile, HDG steel frames mean speedy construction, less intrusive design, ease of expansion, and superior corrosion protection. Economically, such a framework sets up a trifecta of savings over the life of the project with economical construction, affordable functionality, and life-cycle savings. Because society is moving away from an emphasis solely on social and financial needs, it is critical to examine hard data proving greenness and environmental impact. As empirical life-cycle assessment data shows, hot-dip galvanized steel has a minimal impact on the environment while returning to production again and again due to the recyclability of the natural elements utilized.
All of these attributes work together to establish hot-dip galvanized steel as the most socially, economically, and environmentally sustainable solution for these transportation necessities.
The AGA offers a number of resources for architects, engineers, and other specifiers. If you require further information or have additional questions, consider the following:
- galvanizeit.org the AGAs extensive website with over 500 pages of technical information and a listing of galvanizer locations and kettle capacity
- 720-554-0900 phone line to speak to a representative of the AGA about design and/or specification of galvanized steel
- firstname.lastname@example.org you may also email us specific inquiries
- KnowledgeBase The AGA KnowledgeBase is a resource where you can browse common galvanizing topics by subject and get an instant answer, interact with other users, and connect with AGA experts.
- Galvanizing Insights quarterly AGA e-newsletter which keeps specifiers up-to-date with galvanizing by providing helpful design tips, new project highlights, technical advice, and much more.
- Follow the AGA on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, GooglePlus, and YouTube and post feedback about this seminar using: #galvanizeit