Sustainable development is a vital aspect of the present and future built environment. And although there are a number of different methods for measuring sustainability, they all ultimately have the same goal to build as necessary for the present without compromising the future. Hot-dip galvanized steel is uniquely positioned to contribute to a sustainable future. Steel alone is a vital and necessary part of modern construction, but its susceptibility to corrosion when left exposed is a detriment to sustainable development. Coating the steel with zinc through the hot-dip galvanizing process protects it from corrosion with minimal environmental, economic, or social impacts. Therefore, utilizing hot-dip galvanized steel can anchor the sustainable revolution by fulfilling the goal of sustainable development without compromising the ability for future generations to do the same.
The AGA offers a number of resources for architects, engineers, and other specifiers. If you require further information, or have additional questions, consider the following:
- Galvanizedrebar.com- Website dedicated to galvanized reinforcing steel technical information
- galvanizeit.org the AGAs extensive website with over 500 pages of technical information and a listing of galvanizer locations and kettle capacity
- 720-554-0900 phone line to speak to a representative of the AGA about design and/or specification of galvanized steel
- firstname.lastname@example.org you may also email us specific inquiries
- KnowledgeBase The AGA KnowledgeBase is a resource where you can browse common galvanizing topics by subject and get an instant answer, interact with other users, and connect with AGA experts.
- Galvanizing Insights quarterly AGA e-newsletter which keeps specifiers up-to-date with galvanizing by providing helpful design tips, new project highlights, technical advice, and much more.
- AGA Project Gallery a collection of projects and Excellence Award Winners
- Galvanized Steel Studies a series of short videos highlighting galvanized projects in place for at least ten years.
- Galvanizer Locator find a galvanizer near you, search by kettle sizes and location.
- Galvanized Reinforcing Steel Publications
- Follow the AGA on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube and post feedback about this seminar using: #galvanizeit