Your search did not yield any results

Site Pages

Dr. Galv KnowledgeBase


Is there a special training required for staff (operators and management) in handling hazardous materials?

Three government agencies regulate the areas of handling hazardous material. They are EPA (environmental protection agency), OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) and DOT (Department of Transportation). An employee handling hazardous material must be trained in the areas of exposure, disposal, and control. An employee must be educated on the hazardous nature of the chemical his or her company is using via MSDS (material safety data sheets), right to know sessions, hazcon program, spill control and emergency response procedures. The regulations from the three agencies overlap and a good training program will address all the requirements of all three agencies.

Was this answer helpful? YES       | NO

Are you still looking for the right answer? Ask an Expert

Add Your Comment