All projects submitted to the American Galvanizers Association’s Excellence in Hot-Dip Galvanizing Awards must meet the stated submission and eligibility requirements. The submitter acknowledges his/her consent and understanding of these requirements when he/she completes the submission process.
To be considered for judging, the submitter must consent the project meets all of the following requirements:
- The information submitted is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- Information submitted is subject to verification and the AGA reserves the right to modify text on the submission to more accurately/suitably represent the attributes of the project.
- You understand and consent all information and images submitted to the AGA for award consideration are the sole property of the AGA to use in marketing, promotional, and/or information material to promote the hot-dip galvanizing industry.
- All affiliated parties involved in the project have been informed of this before submission and agree to the stated terms and conditions.
- Copyright clearance for all photographs and information has been obtained.
- You can use this simple consent form when requesting permission to submit a project.
There is no limit to the number of projects each company, organization, or individual may submit. However, the project must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Projects must be galvanized by an AGA member galvanizer whose membership is active and in good standing during the year the project was completed AND when the award is presented.
- Do NOT identify the galvanizer by name anywhere in the submission other than where indicated on the form.
- If more than one galvanizer is involved on a project and the work is indistinguishable by phase, section, etc., both galvanizers must be listed on the submission form.
- Attendance at the Excellence Awards dinner and ceremony is NOT required in order to win.
- Newly completed projects must be galvanized and completed during the previous year (i.e. 2012 awards are for projects completed in 2011).
- Lifetime Achievement projects must have been galvanized and completed at least 15 years prior to the award year (i.e. 2012 award for projects galvanized prior to 1997).
Submissions must be accompanied by a minimum of two color photographs of the project. A maximum of 10 photos will be provided for judging, but you are welcome to submit more.
- If more than 10 are submitted, AGA will select the 10 best representations for judging.
- Completed project photos are required, but you may also submit photos during processing, construction, installation, etc.
- Photos must be high-quality (300 dpi or higher). A good-sized high-quality photograph will be at least 2 MB, but is often much larger (10-12 MB).
- Projects must be submitted on or before Monday, December 31, 2013 to be considered for the 2014 awards. NO extensions will be provided.