The mission of the American Galvanizers Association is to preserve, enhance, and protect the existence of the hot-dip galvanizing industry throughout North America, and to fulfill the needs of the industry for technical, marketing, and other services.
The AGA provides information on the most innovative applications and state-of-the-art technological developments in the field of galvanizing. The AGA maintains an extensive technical library and provides multi-media seminars in order to educate and train the specifying community. The association celebrates over 75 years of preserving the past, enhancing the present, and protecting the future.
The following objectives outline the association’s means to fulfilling the above mission:
- To inform and educate North American specifiers and end-users in order to maintain and expand the markets for the galvanizing industry.
- To develop a regional approach for the education of college and university professors and students.
- To measure the effectiveness of AGA programs.
- To ensure the long-term viability of the galvanizing industry by educating member galvanizers in the technical aspects of the galvanizing process and environmental engineering.
- To develop effective tools for the galvanizer to use to enhance processing efficiency, safety and quality.
- To gather and communicate information on the activities of the industry and those affecting the industry, so as to coordinate an effective and timely industry response.
- To be recognized as the authority for the industry, representing the industry on application, specification, processing, environmental, and regulatory issues.
- To attract new members from the worldwide galvanizing industry.